Description from Civil Service Subject of Examination:
Preparing reports and official documents – These questions test for the ability to prepare reports and other official documents for use within and among governmental agencies, in legal or regulatory settings, or for dissemination to the public. Some questions test for a knowledge of grammar, usage, punctuation, and sentence structure. Others test for the ability to present information clearly and accurately, to use the proper tone, and to organize paragraphs logically and comprehensibly.
Preparing Written Material
The previous resources on Preparing Written Material should be helpful for practice in presenting information clearly and accurately and organizing paragraphs logically and comprehensibly. Here’s a link to the livestream from earlier this year.
- Slides: 1 per page or 2 per page
- Previous preparing written material study resources:
- 2017-09-18 video: https://vimeo.com/234594697
- 2017-09-18 handout: https://nysits.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/NYSITS_TRAINING_2017.pdf
The following CSEA Booklets may be useful:
- Booklet 5 – Grammar, Usage, and Punctuation
- Booklet 17 – Preparing Written Material
Free Courses about Management Communication
These free courses may also be helpful:
MIT – Management Communication for Undergraduates